This blog was created specifically to keep people updated on Aerosmith's progress. Since Aerosmith is complete, this blog is no longer needed. Facebook and my Yahoo group are updated regularly as far as shipping and other studio news, so please check those places for the latest! Thanks!
Aerosmith began shipping August 31, 2015. I did the clean up on that first batch of 9 and shipped them out. I do a portion of clean up on every copy, even though I have a 3rd party doing a lot of it for me. They have to be shipped out to her then shipped back to me. Once they arrive, I often have a little more clean up to do, then I pack and ship them all out as fast as I can.
The first small batch of about 9 shipped on August 31, 2015.
As of Nov. 2nd, 24 have shipped, 26 are with my prepper and I am waiting for them to be shipped back to me. Those cast cover all of the 2010 orders and into the 2014 orders. However, not all 2010 orders are cleaned and shipped, only 24.
If you ordered in 2014 or later, when you placed your order you were in a Batch number. If you forget what batch you are in, check your Paypal payment. It will say "Aerosmith Batch #...". Each Batch has 10 Aerosmiths in it. It was designed this way so that I can ship out in batches and just post that "Batch #xx has shipped" and you will know yours is on it's way.
All Aerosmiths through #9 in Batch #2 have been cast and are in some stage of the clean up , or have been shipped. This covers all 2010 customer orders and then 9 into the 2014 orders.
Over the past couple months I have been working diligently on getting every Aerosmith in my possession cleaned and shipped. I currently have none in hand. They have either shipped or I am awaiting their return from my prepper.
I have also been working on cleaning up a casting to use for the second mold. The original was not in a good condition to be used for molding. I thought I could clean up a casting much easier, and it's just about ready to have the second mold made. The second mold will just cover the rest of the current orders.
A few days ago, I made a mold for Aerosmith's head and got it cast. I did some clean up yesterday and attached it to his body today. I am now making some adjustments to his neck to get it to all flow and the moving parts to connect correctly. When I get it to a ' happy place', I'll post some pics. I hate posting pics in the middle of a remodel, the having to write paragraphs about what will be different when he's done... so stay tuned!
November, December and early January are super busy months for me. We have all family functions at my house because it can fit everyone, so that starts with Thanksgiving at my house and preparation for that takes a few days. This year there were 23 family members over here. As most of you know, once that's over, the Christmas Craze is on. Even though I buy 95% of my gifts online, it is still really time consuming. Then the actual day is held at my house, so there is a lot of preparation to do for me. It can be exhausting! Two of my sons and myself have birthdays between Dec. 1 and Jan 7, so those birthdays are held here as well. For the week after Christmas I am totally exhausted. Last year, I was in bed for a week, as the stress of it finally caught up with me. This year it wasn't quite a week, but my body just quit and said "No more!". So, as far as progress, I had little work done in the studio for the month of December.
However, I started back on Aerosmith's head the week after Christmas (in clay) . Still getting the eyes and both sides of his face to match up. Lyme does weird things to your brain~I am convinced! One day it looks perfect and great, the next, I see all sorts of mis-matched areas. So the past few sessions, I have taken to sitting at the window with no light on in the studio so I have one source of light and it's natural lighting. That has helped and I finally have his face right! I made his ears smaller, and am carefully referencing pics of his nostrils, etc. to get it all right.
I was just reflecting yesterday on how slooooowwwww I sculpt now. It's frustrating to feel like a tortoise trying to circumnavigate the globe, but a great day for me is actually getting to sculpt. I feel like a different person at the end of the day if I have gotten a few hours of sculpting in because I feel like I am moving toward my goal. It is a victory. I know I will get him done, it's just taking SO much longer than I wanted. My goal, of course in 2014 was to get him done, and I was convinced I would. I feel so discouraged that I failled. Yet another year has gone by and here I am, still working on him. But I am going to press on. This year, I really KNOW I am going to get him done! I am so close, if I just keep on keepin' on, he will get finished. Thank you again for your patience. I really want him off my plate so I can move on to so many other projects I desperately want (and need! For my sanity's sake!) to start! Happy 2015!
Ok, I just posted a couple paragraphs about the below photos and it got erased and did not post... I think the website is having trouble with text, as I could not post text to my first blog post at all... So I'm not going to type it all over again... I'll let the pics show the progress...In short: New head is sculpted in clay and tail is just started!